Ephesus & Kirazli Village Tours
|Duration : 5-6 hours (approx.)||View similar tours & things to do|
- Visit the houses at Ephesus Terrace Houses ( Houses of the rich.) used from the 1st century to 7th century AD.
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life.
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven wonders of the Ancient World.
- Visit the Basilica of St. John, located under the main central dome, elevated the site to one of the most sacred sites in the Middle Ages and thousands made pilgrimage here.
- Enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine.
- Transport by Private De-Luxe Cars.
- Private Local Licensed Guide.
- No shopping stops along the way ! ” Without the hassle of being taken to various factory outlets or shopping.
When you arrive in the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, during a 20 minute ride to Ephesus, your guide gives you a brief info about the area and about the country.
As you arrive in Ephesus, you will first see the Magnesia Gate, a marvelous example of ancient architecture that once stood tall as an entrance to the city. Begin a downhill walk with your guide into the city’s ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater, one of the city’s best-preserved monuments, it is still used today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people, and it is believed to be the site where St Paul preached to the Ephesians.
Visit Temple of Artemis one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Continue to Kirazli Village after enjoying the Turkish cuisine at lunch at the village. After enjoying the Turkish cuisine at the vilage, you will pick some fruits from the trees and talk of about nature of olives. Continue to Steam Train Museum, this is outdoor has It has one of the largest steam engines collection, before returning to where your tour concludes.