In The Footsteps of St Paul
Duration : 12 Nights
Day 1 ( Arriving Istanbul )
- Arrival at Istanbul International Airport, pick up and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 ( Byzantine and Ottoman Relics Tour )
- 08:15 am pick up from the hotel and depart for the tour. Visiting ; Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace. The tour ends around 4:00 pm. Return back to the hotel and overnight in Istanbul.
Day 3 ( Iznik and Bursa )
- 08:30 am pick up from the hotel and drive Iznik, (Nicea) the site of the First and Seventh Ecumenical Councils. Drive to Bursa, visit the Green Mosque and the Green Mausoleum. Overnight in Bursa.
Day 4 ( Troy and Alexandria Troas )
- Depart to Troy early in the morning. Visiting this famous archaeological and mythological site, home of the Trojan Horse" and " Helen of Troy". Continue to Alexandra Troas where St.Paul met Luke. Overnight in Canakkale.
Day 5 ( Pergamon and Thyatira)
- Depart to Pergamon, located on the plains and foothills along the Caicus River in Western Turkey. The city, described as having the throne of Satan, is "praised for its martyrdom and perseverance but those who hold false teachings are criticized" (Rev. 2:12-17). Here you will see the Acropolis famous for Greek & Roman Temples as well as the unique Greek theatre built into the steep hillside. Also visit the Asclepion, the ancient medical center for the Greeks. After, depart to Thyatira, known for its textiles and dyeing trade. It is now known as the Turkish city of Akhisar. It is "praised for its increasing faith and service, but criticized for its tolerance of Jezebel, an immoral women who calls herself a prophetess" (Rev. 2:18-29). Overnight in Izmir.
Day 6 (Sardis and Philadelphia )
- Depart to to Sardis, located on the banks of the Pactolus River in western Asia Minor. "The Church of Sardis is described as dead, and it must wake up. However, there are some who have not "soiled their clothes."" (Rev. 3:1-6). End the day with a visit to ancient Philadelphia which was known for its variety of temples and worship centers. "The church of brotherly love that endures patiently" (Revelation 3:7-13). Overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 7 ( Ephesus and Miletos )
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will depart for Ephesus, which was the most influential capital city of Asia Minor on the Aegean Sea. "Ephesus receives praise for its perseverance, but criticism for forsaking its "first love"" (Rev. 2:1-7). You will explore some of the best preserved theatres, fountains and buildings in the world. We then visit the House of the Virgin Mary, a pilgrimage site for many people of all denominations. It has also been accepted by the Vatican as a pilgrimage destination. Finally visit to the Basilica of St. John which stands over the believed burial site of St. John, who is identified as the apostle, evangelist (author of the Fourth Gospel) and prophet (author of Revelation). Continue to Miletos where St. Paul gave a speech to spread Christianity. Overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 8 ( Hierapolis and Laodicea )
- After breakfast visit the ancient City of Hierapolis as well as the world famous travertens of Pamukkale. Lunch will be taken on the way. Then take an enjoyable drive to Laodicea located in the Lycus River Valley of western Asia Minor, a primary trade route between the cultures of the West and East. "The "lukewarm" church with a faith that's neither hot nor cold" (Rev. 3:14-22). Stay overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 9 ( Antioch of Pisidia and Iconium )
- Depart to Antioch: Antioch in Pisidia (Acts 13:13). Here Paul preached both to Jews and God-fearing Gentiles, winning over many of the latter. Continue to the city of Konya, ancient Iconium, passing the mound of Lystra (Acts 14:8-19). In Iconium Paul and Barnabas spoke boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to do miraculous signs and wonders (Acts 14:1-3). We will then proceed to Cappadocia for overnight.
Day 10 ( Cappadocia )
- Visiting Goreme Open Air Museum, Zelve Valley and Kaymakli Underground City. Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 11 ( Tarsus and Antioch )
- Depart to Tarsus, the birthplace of St. Paul (Acts 9:11), to visit the well that is believed to have been within the grounds of his home Continue to Antakya (Biblical city of Antioch) where St. Paul and St. Barnabas stayed. Overnight in Antakya.
Day 12 ( Antioch and fly back to Istanbul )
- The ancient city Antioch was outsized only by Rome and Alexandria. The Apostle Peter made a mission to its many Jews, as did Paul and Barnabas, who spent a year here (Acts 11:26). The Antioch converts were the first to be called Christians. Visit the Museum of Antioch with its famous mosaics and St. Peter's Grotto-Cave Church where early Christians met in secret. Drive to Adana airport for late afternoon flight to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel, overnight in Istanbul.
Day 13 ( Goodbye )
- Pick up 3 hours before your international flight and transfer to the airport. Have a safe journey back home !.