Ephesus Tours From Izmir
|Full Day Tour Places to see||Half Day Tour Places to see|
House of Virgin Mary
Temple of Artemision
Basilica of St. John
Temple of Artemision
Schedule details :
When you arrive in the port of Izmir, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your own luxury vehicle, your Izmir shore excursion starts as you make your way from the Izmir cruise port to Ephesus, your guide gives you a brief info about the area and about the country.
You will first see the Magnesia Gate, a marvelous example of ancient architecture that once stood tall as an entrance to the city. Begin a downhill walk with your guide into the city’s ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater, one of the city’s best-preserved monuments, it is still used today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people, and it is believed to be the site where St Paul preached to the Ephesians, your guide will also show you the many other temples during your Ephesus tour.
After enjoying the authentic Turkish cuisine at lunch then visit the Temple of Artemis one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. “Half day tour returning to Izmir port where the tour concludes.”
Full day tour ; You will continue to visit the House of Virgin Mary, where she spent last days of her life. Visit Basilica of St John, St.John where is believed that the evangelist St. John had spent his last years in the region around Ephesus with the Virgin Mary and buried in the southern slope of Ayasoluk Hill.before returning to Izmir port where you tour concludes.
Optionally, you may ask your guide for cultural demonstration of Turkish handicrafts and do a little shopping to spoil yourself after an intense day.
- Pickup and drop-off included
- Private Local Licensed Guide
- Private De-Luxe Cars,
- All Entrance Fees
- Delicious Lunch and Turkish appetizers. (Kebab, Fish, Ottoman or Vegetarian), options.
- Bottle of local wine or any kind of local drinks at lunch.
- Travel Excellence Guaranteed !
- No pre-payment is requested. Payment of the tour can be made at the end of the tour in cash USD or EURO or Turkish Lira or by credit card ( Visa or Master Card ) in USD or in EURO. There is not any extra for Credit Card payments.
- The above prices are valid for a tour in English or German (please let us know which language you prefer. For other languages; Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Italian and French, Available only on request. Please include the form any language you want for your ideal itinerary..
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Children 6-18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time.
- Ephesus requires walking long distances over uneven surfaces, comfortable clothing and closed toe, sensible walking shoes are recommended. Sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested.
- We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi or Izmir port for this activity.