Seven Churches and Cave of Abraham
Duration : 9 Nights
Day 1 ( Arriving Istanbul )
- Arrival at Istanbul International Airport, pick up and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 ( Byzantine and Ottoman Relics Tour )
- 08:15 am pick up from the hotel and depart for the tour. Visiting ; Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace. The tour ends around 4:00 pm. Return back to the hotel and overnight in Istanbul.
Day 3 ( Sanliurfa and Cave of Abraham )
- Early morning flight to Urfa. Depart to visit Sanliurfa which is also called "The Prophets' City". Prophet Abraham, who is known well by Jews, Christians, and Muslims, was born in the city. The cave in which he was born, the hill from where he was thrown down into the fire, and Lake Aynzeliha and Lake Halil-ürrahman which are believed to be the spot where Abraham fell when he was castled into the fire, are visited by believers of the three religions. Overnigt in Urfa.
Day 4 ( Izmir & Pergamon )
- Flight to Izmir (via Istanbul). Drive to Pergamon. Overnight in Pergamon.
Day 5 ( Pergamon and Smyrna )
- Visiting Pergamum, located on the plains and foothills along the Caicus River in Western Turkey. The city, described as having the throne of Satan, is "praised for its martyrdom and perseverance but those who hold false teachings are criticized" (Rev. 2:12-17). Here you will see the Acropolis famous for Greek & Roman Temples as well as the unique Greek theatre built into the steep hillside. Also visit the Asclepion, the ancient medical center for the Greeks. Finally Smyrna, nowadays a modern Turkish city of Izmir. In ancient times it was in a powerful trading position on the Aegean Sea known for its harbors, commerce, and marketplaces. Our last visit is to St. Polycarp Church. Stay overnight in Izmir.
Day 6 ( Thyatira & Philadelphia & Sardis )
- After breakfast drive to Thyatira, known for its textiles and dyeing trade. It is now known as the Turkish city of Akhisar. It is "praised for its increasing faith and service, but criticized for its tolerance of Jezebel, an immoral women who calls herself a prophetess" (Rev. 2:18-29). Than to Sardis, located on the banks of the Pactolus River in western Asia Minor. "The church of Sardis is described as dead, and it must wake up. However, there are some who have not "soiled their clothes."" (Rev. 3:1-6). End the day with a visit to ancient Philadelphia which was known for its variety of temples and worship centers. "The church of brotherly love that endures patiently" (Revelation 3:7-13). Arrive in Pamukkale and stay overnight.
Day 7 ( Hierapolis & Laodicea & Kusadasi )
- After breakfast visit the ancient City of Hierapolis as well as the world famous travertens of Pamukkale. Lunch will be taken on the way. Then take an enjoyable drive to Laodicea located in the Lycus River Valley of western Asia Minor, a primary trade route between the cultures of the West and East. "The "lukewarm" church with a faith that's neither hot nor cold" (Rev. 3:14-22). After visits, check in to your hotel in Kusadasi. Stay overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 8 ( Ephesus )
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will depart for Ephesus, which was the most influential capital city of Asia Minor on the Aegean Sea. "Ephesus receives praise for its perseverance, but criticism for forsaking its "first love"" (Rev. 2:1-7). You will explore some of the best preserved theatres, fountains and buildings in the world. We then visit the House of the Virgin Mary, a pilgrimage site for many people of all denominations. It has also been accepted by the Vatican as a pilgrimage destination. Finally visit to the Basilica of St. John which stands over the believed burial site of St. John, who is identified as the apostle, evangelist (author of the Fourth Gospel) and prophet (author of Revelation). After the tour transfer back to the hotel and overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 9 ( Fly back to Istanbul )
- Pick up from your hotel 2 hours before your departure and transfer to the airport. Flight back to Istanbul (morning or afternoon). Afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 10 ( Goodbye )
- Pick up 3 hours before your international flight and transfer to the airport. Have a safe journey back home !.